ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Sun Sep 18 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Madeline, located a few hundred miles south-southeast of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. South of Central America and Southeastern Mexico:
A broad area of low pressure located over the far eastern portion
of the eastern North Pacific is producing disorganized shower and
thunderstorm activity. Environmental conditions are forecast to be
conducive for slow development while the system moves slowly
northwestward near or offshore of the coasts of southern Mexico and
Guatemala through the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. South of Southern Mexico:
Another area of low pressure could form south of the southern
or southwestern coast of Mexico in a few days. Some gradual
development is possible thereafter while the disturbance moves
generally west-northwestward off the coast of southwestern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.