ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Mon Oct 11 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A tropical wave located about 200 miles east of the Windward Islands
continues to produce showers and a couple of thunderstorms. Recent
satellite-derived wind data indicate that the system has not
developed a well-defined center. The potential for development of
this system has decreased, and strong upper-level winds should
prohibit further development on Tuesday. Regardless of development,
the system could produce locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds
across portions of the central and northern Lesser Antilles on
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. Another tropical wave located south of Hispaniola is producing
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are
not expected to support development of this system for the next day
or two. However, some gradual development is possible beginning on
Wednesday when the system nears the southeastern Bahamas. Regardless
of development, locally heavy rainfall is possible over portions of
the Lesser Antilles, Puerto Rico, and Hispaniola during the next
couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Forecaster D. Zelinsky