ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Mon Jul 26 2021
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A small but well-defined area of low pressure located more than 700
miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula continues to produce a small area of shower and
thunderstorm activity near its center. Some gradual development of
this system is possible over the next several days as it moves
westward at around 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to develop in a few days several
hundred miles south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec. Environmental
conditions appear conducive for some gradual development thereafter,
and a tropical depression could form late this week or over the
weekend while the system moves west-northwestward at around 15 mph,
staying several hundred miles offshore of the coast of southern
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.