ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Thu Sep 10 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A low pressure area located about 400 miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is producing a
compact area of showers and thunderstorms. Some development of
this system is possible during the next few days before it
interacts with, and possibly becomes absorbed by, a larger weather
disturbance to its east.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located a few hundred miles
south-southwest of the coast of southwestern Mexico continues to
produce a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions appear conducive for development of this
system, and a tropical depression could form over the weekend or
early next week while the system moves west-northwestward at 10 to
15 mph away from the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.