ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Mon Aug 24 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. An elongated zone of disturbed weather is located several hundred
miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula. Environmental conditions appear conducive for a
tropical depression to form later this week while the system
meanders or drifts northward a few hundred miles offshore of the
coast of southwestern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A small low pressure system located near the Gulf of Tehuantepec
continues to show signs of organization. This low is forecast to
meander or move slowly west-northwestward near the southern coast of
Mexico, and a tropical depression is likely to form over the next
day or two, assuming the center of circulation remains offshore.
Regardless of development, areas of heavy rainfall and flash
flooding are likely in southeastern Mexico and northern Central
America during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.