ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Fri Aug 21 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Genevieve, located a couple of hundred miles west of Cabo San
1. An elongated area of low pressure located several hundred miles
south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula is producing a large area of disorganized cloudiness
and thunderstorms. Conditions appear favorable for some gradual
development of this system, and a tropical depression is likely to
form during the early to middle part of next week while it moves
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is likely to form south of the Gulf of
Tehuantepec early next week. Some slow development of this system
is possible thereafter while it drifts northwestward or northward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.