ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Fri Aug 21 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Genevieve, located offshore of the southwestern coast of the
Baja California peninsula.
1. A broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles
southwest of the southwestern coast of Mexico is producing a large
area of disorganized cloudiness and thunderstorms. Conditions
appear favorable for some gradual development of this system,
and a tropical depression could form by the middle of next week
while it moves little.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is likely to form south of the Gulf of
Tehuantepec early next week. Some slow development of this system
is possible thereafter while it drifts northward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.