ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Wed Sep 5 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Florence, located over the east-central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Gordon, located over north-central Mississippi.
1. Shower activity associated with a broad area of low pressure
centered a couple of hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde
Islands is gradually becoming better organized. Environmental
conditions are forecast to be increasingly conducive for additional
development, and a tropical depression is expected to form during
the next couple of days while the system moves west-northwestward
across the tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa
on Friday. Some development of this system is anticipated after
that time, and a tropical depression could form over the weekend or
early next week while the wave moves westward over the far eastern
tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
Public Advisories on Gordon are issued by the Weather Prediction
Center under AWIPS header TCPAT2, WMO header WTNT32 KWNH, and on the
web at http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov