ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Fri Aug 11 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. An area of disturbed weather centered a couple of hundred miles
north of Puerto Rico continues to move toward the west-northwest
or northwest at 10 to 15 mph. There are no indications of a closed
circulation at this time, but upper-level winds are forecast to
become a little more favorable for development by the weekend. Dry
air aloft could limit additional development of the thunderstorm
activity, making the overall environment only marginally conducive
for tropical cyclone formation.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. A weak and elongated area of low pressure just off the east coast
of Florida is accompanied by a few showers and thunderstorms
extending from southern Florida northeastward across the
southwestern Atlantic. This system has become less organized and
development is not anticipated.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.