ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Thu Aug 10 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Satellite images indicate strong thunderstorms are occurring just
offshore of the west coast of Mexico in association with a surface
trough and the remnants of Franklin. Environmental conditions are
forecast to be favorable for development, and the system is likely
to become a tropical cyclone on Friday or Saturday before it moves
over colder waters on Sunday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form well south of the coast
of southern Mexico by early next week. Environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for some slow development of this system as
it moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.