ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Fri Aug 25 2023
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Central East Pacific (EP92):
Showers and thunderstorms are gradually becoming better organized in
association with an elongated low pressure area located about 800
miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
Peninsula. Environmental conditions are conducive for additional
development, and a tropical depression is expected to form during
the next day or two while the system moves west-northwestward or
northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over the central portion of the
tropical eastern Pacific.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...90 percent.
2. South of Southwestern Mexico (EP91):
A trough of low pressure located a few hundred miles south of the
southwestern coast of Mexico continues to produce disorganized
shower and thunderstorm activity. Environmental conditions appear
only marginally conducive for development of this system while it
meanders offshore the southwestern coast of Mexico during the next
few days. Interests along the southwestern coast of Mexico should
continue to monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...30 percent.