ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Wed Sep 15 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Nicholas, located near the Texas/Louisiana border.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure area
located a few hundred miles south-southwest of the Cabo Verde
Islands continue to show signs of organization. Environmental
conditions are expected to remain conducive for development, and a
tropical depression is likely to form within the next couple of
days. This system is expected to move westward to
west-northwestward across the tropical Atlantic during the next
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located a few hundred miles northeast
of the central Bahamas is producing a large area of disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear
marginally conducive for development, and a tropical depression is
likely to form during the next couple of days while the system moves
north-northwestward to northward off the southeast U.S. coast.
Regardless of development, this system could bring high surf to
portions of the southeast and mid-Atlantic U.S. coasts later this
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
3. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the west coast of
Africa in a day or two. Thereafter, environmental conditions are
forecast to be conducive for development while the system moves
generally west-northwestward to northwestward over the
far eastern Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public advisories issued by the Weather Prediction Center on
Tropical Depression Nicholas can be found under AWIPS header TCPAT4,
WMO header WTNT34 KWNH, and on the web at