ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
Issued by the NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD
200 PM EDT Wed Sep 8 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Larry, located over the central Atlantic several hundred miles
east-southeast of Bermuda.
1. Showers and thunderstorms have become a little better organized
today in association with a surface trough and an upper-level
disturbance over the northeastern Gulf of Mexico. In addition,
recent satellite-derived wind data indicate that a broad area of low
pressure may be forming. The system is expected to move
northeastward through this evening, and a tropical depression could
form before it reaches the northeastern Gulf coast tonight or early
Thursday. The disturbance is then expected to cross the southeastern
United States and emerge over the western Atlantic late this week,
where environmental conditions appear unfavorable for additional
development. Regardless of development, areas of heavy rainfall are
likely across portions of the Florida panhandle and southern Georgia
through Thursday, with localized flooding possible.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off of the western coast of
Africa in a few days. Some development of this system is possible
thereafter as it moves west-northwestward over the far eastern
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.