ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Sat Aug 28 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Ida, located over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico, and on Tropical
Depression Ten, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
1. Showers and thunderstorms continue to show signs of organization in
association with an area of low pressure located over the central
Atlantic. In addition, satellite wind data indicate that the
circulation has become a little better defined. Although
environmental conditions remain only marginally conducive for
further development, only a slight increase in organization would
result in the formation of a tropical depression later today or
tonight. In a couple of days, the system is forecast to be
absorbed by a frontal system. The disturbance is expected to drift
eastward through today, then accelerate northeastward Sunday toward
the central north Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of west Africa
by the middle of next week. Thereafter, environmental conditions
appear somewhat conducive for gradual development toward the end of
next week as the system moves west-northwestward to northwestward at
10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Ten are issued under WMO
header WTNT35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT5.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Ten are issued under
WMO header WTNT25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT5.