ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
100 AM EST Mon Nov 9 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Eta, located near Florida Bay.
1. Shower activity associated with a non-tropical low pressure system
located several hundred miles southwest of the Azores is showing
some signs of organization. This system will likely gradually
acquire subtropical or tropical characteristics this week, and a
tropical or subtropical storm could develop within a few days while
this system moves eastward or east-northeastward over the
northeastern Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medum...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move over the central Caribbean Sea,
where an area of low pressure could form in a couple of days.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for
development, and a tropical depression could form late this
week or over the weekend while the system moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
Additional information on the central Atlanic low pressure area can
be found in High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather
Service...under AWIPS header NFDHSFAT1 and WMO header FZNT01 KWBC.