ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Wed Sep 9 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Paulette, located over the central tropical Atlantic, and on
recently upgraded Tropical Storm Rene, located over the eastern
1. A small area of low pressure located about 300 miles southeast of
Wilmington, North Carolina, continues to produce disorganized
showers and thunderstorms near its center of circulation. The low
is forecast to move northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, and some
development is possible before it moves inland over eastern North
Carolina Thursday afternoon. Interests along the coasts of North
and South Carolina should continue to monitor the progress of this
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to emerge off the west coast of Africa
on Thursday. Gradual development is expected once the system moves
over water, and a tropical depression is likely to form late this
week or over the weekend while the system moves generally westward
across the eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.