ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM CCA
Tropical Weather Outlook...Corrected
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Wed Sep 9 2020
Corrected Friday to Thursday in the second paragraph
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Paulette, located over the central tropical Atlantic, and on
Tropical Depression Rene, located over the eastern tropical
1. A small area of low pressure located about 375 miles southeast of
Wilmington, North Carolina, continues to produce minimal shower and
thunderstorm activity near its center of circulation. The low is
forecast to move northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, and some development
is possible before it moves inland over eastern North Carolina
Thursday afternoon. Interests along the coasts of North and South
Carolina should continue to monitor the progress of this
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to emerge off the west coast of Africa
on Thursday. Gradual development is expected once the system moves
over water, and a tropical depression is likely to form late this
week or over the weekend while the system moves generally westward
across the eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.