ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Wed Sep 2 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Omar, located a few hundred miles northwest of Bermuda,
and on Tropical Storm Nana, located a couple hundred miles
northeast of the coast of Honduras.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located about midway between the Windward Islands and west Africa
remain disorganized. Some development of this system, however, is
possible this week as it meanders over the eastern and central
tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. Surface observations and satellite derived data indicate that a
tropical wave has emerged off the coast of Africa. The wave is
expected to merge with a disturbance centered a couple of hundred
miles southeast of the Cabo Verde Islands in the next day or so.
Gradual development of this system is then possible, and a tropical
depression could form by this weekend while it moves westward over
the eastern and central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.