ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Tue Sep 1 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Omar, located a couple of hundred miles east of Cape Hatteras,
North Carolina, and on Tropical Storm Nana, located about 150 miles
southwest of Jamaica.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a small area of low
pressure about midway between the Windward Islands and west Africa
appear to be slowly becoming better organized. Some additional
development of this system is possible this week as the system
meanders in the central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of Africa on
Wednesday and merge with a disturbance centered a couple of hundred
miles southeast of the Cabo Verde Islands in the next day or so.
Gradual development of this system is then possible, and this system
could become a tropical depression by this weekend while it moves
slowly westward over the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.