ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
Issued by the NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD
200 PM EDT Tue Sep 1 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Fifteen, located a couple of hundred miles offshore of
North Carolina, and on newly formed Tropical Storm Nana, located
about 100 miles south of Jamaica.
1. A small area of low pressure has formed about midway between the
Windward Islands and west Africa. Upper-level winds are marginally
conducive for some slow development this week as the system
meanders in the central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of Africa in
about a day and merge with a disturbance centered about 200
miles southeast of the Cabo Verde Islands in a couple of days.
Gradual development of this system is then possible, and this
system could become a tropical depression by this weekend while it
moves slowly westward over the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Nana are issued under
WMO header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.