ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Thu Aug 27 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Laura, located inland over northwestern Louisiana.
1. A westward-moving tropical wave located over the far eastern
tropical Atlantic near the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce
disorganized shower activity. Although environmental conditions are
not expected to be conducive for development during the next couple
of days, they are forecast to gradually become more favorable over
the weekend and into early next week when the wave moves into the
central and then western tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. Shower and thunderstorm activity has increased today in association
with a tropical wave over the central tropical Atlantic. Gradual
development of this system is possible over the next several days as
it moves westward at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.