ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Tue Aug 18 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A tropical wave over the eastern Caribbean Sea is producing an area
of disorganized thunderstorms and gusty winds. Significant
development of this system is unlikely during the next couple of
days while it moves quickly westward at about 20 mph across the
eastern and central Caribbean Sea. After that time, however, the
wave is forecast to move more slowly westward, and a tropical
depression could form late this week or this weekend when it reaches
the northwestern Caribbean Sea.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located about 900 miles
west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is producing a
concentrated area of showers and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions are conducive for further development, and a tropical
depression is likely to form within the next couple of days while
the system moves westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph
across the central and western portions of the tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.