ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Aug 31 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Dorian, located a few hundred miles east of the northwestern
1. A tropical wave located about midway between the coast of Africa
and the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce a large area of
showers and a few thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear
conducive for development of this system, and a tropical depression
could form next week while the system moves across the eastern
tropical Atlantic Ocean. Heavy rainfall is possible over portions
of the southern Cabo Verde Islands during the next few days, and
interests on those islands should monitor the progress of this
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located over the southeastern Gulf of
Mexico is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some
gradual development of this system is possible during the next
several days while it moves slowly westward across the southern and
southwestern Gulf of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.