ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Sep 22 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Eleven, located about 500 miles east of the Windward
1. Shower and thunderstorm activity continues to become better
organized near the center of a low pressure system located about
500 miles south of the southern Cabo Verde Islands, and a tropical
depression appears to be forming. If these trends continue,
advisories will be initiated on this system later today while the
low moves westward at about 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located about 200 miles south of
Bermuda is producing only minimal shower activity. Strong upper-
level winds are expected to diminish by Sunday or Monday, which
could allow for some slow development of this system while it moves
westward and then northwestward over the southwestern Atlantic
Ocean. By the middle of next week, upper-level winds are likely to
strengthen again, which would limit additional development as the
system moves closer to the southeastern coast of the United States.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
3. Satellite imagery indicates that a non-tropical low pressure system
is forming along a frontal boundary about 900 miles west-southwest
of the Azores. Conditions are expected to become conducive for the
low to acquire subtropical or tropical characteristics, and a
subtropical or tropical cyclone is likely to form by early next week
while the low meanders over the central Atlantic Ocean. For more
information on this system, see High Seas Forecasts issued by the
National Weather Service.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Eleven are issued under WMO
header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Eleven are issued under
WMO header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.
High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service can be
found under AWIPS header NFDHSFAT1, WMO header FZNT01 KWBC, and
on the Web at https://ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFAT1.shtml.