ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Thu Sep 20 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A westward-moving tropical wave is producing a small but
concentrated area of thunderstorms about 850 miles east of the
Windward Islands. Some additional development is possible today
before upper-level winds become increasingly unfavorable for
tropical cyclone formation starting tonight and continuing through
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. A non-tropical low pressure system is forecast to develop by Friday
night over the central subtropical Atlantic Ocean between Bermuda
and the Azores. Conditions are expected to be conducive for the low
to acquire some subtropical or tropical characteristics, and a
subtropical or tropical cyclone could form over the weekend or early
next week while the low meanders over the central Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.