ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Special Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
515 PM EDT Thu Sep 6 2018
Special outlook issued to update probabilities for the far
eastern Atlantic system.
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Florence, located over the central subtropical Atlantic Ocean.
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Gordon, located over Arkansas.
1. The circulation associated with an area of low pressure centered
several hundred miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands
remains broad and elongated, and the associated shower and
thunderstorm activity has not yet increased in organization.
However, environmental conditions are conducive for development, and
a tropical depression is expected to form within the next day or two
while the system moves slowly westward or west-northwestward across
the tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Updated: A tropical wave with an accompanying low pressure area is
forecast to move off the west coast of Africa on Friday. This
system is already showing signs of organization, and a tropical
depression is likely to form over the weekend or early next week
while the wave moves westward or west-northwestward over the far
eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean. Interests in the Cabo Verde
Islands should monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.