ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Tue Aug 15 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Gert, located several hundred miles west of Bermuda.
1. A couple of disorganized areas of disturbed weather are embedded
within an elongated area of low pressure located several hundred
miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands. Only slow
development is anticipated during the next day or two, but
conditions are forecast to become a little more conducive for
tropical cyclone formation by later in the week while the system
moves westward at about 15 mph over the tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A tropical wave over western Africa is forecast to emerge into the
far eastern Atlantic Ocean in about two days. Conditions appear
conducive for some development after that time while the wave moves
westward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.