ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT WED SEP 14 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ian, located well to the east-southeast of Bermuda, and on
Tropical Storm Julia, located over southeastern Georgia.
1. A low pressure system, associated with a tropical wave, is moving
through the Cabo Verde Islands. Satellite imagery indicates that
shower and thunderstorm activity associated with this low has
become better organized overnight. If current trends continue,
advisories on a tropical depression would be initiated later today.
Locally heavy rains and gusty winds are likely over portions of the
Cabo Verde Islands today.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent
2. A tropical wave is expected to move off of the west coast of Africa
by the weekend, moving generally west-northwestward into the
eastern Atlantic. Conditions are expected to be conducive for
development of this system after it moves offshore but could become
less favorable by early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Julia are issued under WMO
header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Julia are issued under WMO
header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.