ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 PM EDT FRI AUG 19 2016
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Fiona, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
1. A tropical wave located about 600 miles southwest of the Cabo Verde
Islands is producing a disorganized area of cloudiness and shower
activity. Development, if any, during the next couple of days
should be slow to occur as the system encounters a dry and stable
air mass. After that time, environmental conditions are expected to
become more conducive for development, and a tropical depression
could form early next week while the system moves westward at about
15 mph across the tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move off of the coast of Africa on
Saturday. Environmental conditions appear conducive for gradual
development of this system early next week while it moves generally
west-northwestward over the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent