ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Mon Sep 25 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Philippe, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
1. Southeastern Gulf of Mexico:
A trough of low pressure is producing disorganized shower activity
over portions of the southeastern Gulf of Mexico. Development, if
any, of this system is expected to be slow to occur over the next
day or two while it moves slowly westward. The disturbance is
expected to move into unfavorable environmental conditions by the
middle of the week, ending its chances for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...10 percent.
2. Eastern Tropical Atlantic (AL91):
An area of low pressure located several hundred miles southwest of
the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce disorganized showers
and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast to be
conducive for additional development, and a tropical depression is
likely to form within the next few days as the system moves
west-northwestward across the central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...80 percent.