ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Mon Sep 25 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Philippe, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
1. Southeastern Gulf of Mexico:
Disorganized showers and thunderstorms continue over the
southeastern Gulf of Mexico in association with a surface trough of
low pressure and an upper-level trough. Further development, if any,
is expected to be slow to occur over the next few days while the
system moves slowly westward. By the middle of the week,
upper-level winds are forecast to become less conducive for
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...10 percent.
2. Eastern Tropical Atlantic (AL91):
An area of low pressure located several hundred miles southwest of
the Cabo Verde Islands continues to produce a broad area of showers
and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast to be
conducive for additional development, and a tropical depression is
likely to form around mid-week as the system moves
west-northwestward across the central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...80 percent.