ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Tue Sep 14 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on recently
upgraded Hurricane Nicholas, located right along the middle Texas
1. A tropical wave located just west of the African coast is
producing a large area of showers and thunderstorms that are
showing signs of organization. Environmental conditions are
forecast to be conducive for gradual development of this
disturbance over the next several days, and a tropical depression
is likely to form by the weekend while the system moves westward at
about 15 mph across the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form by midweek a couple of
hundred miles north of the southeastern or central Bahamas as a
tropical wave interacts with an upper-level trough. Some gradual
development of this system is forecast thereafter, and a tropical
depression could form later this week while the system moves
north-northwestward or northward across the western Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.