ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Sun Jul 5 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Five, located a few hundred miles northeast of Bermuda.
1. A small low pressure system is located over the northern Gulf of
Mexico about 100 miles south-southwest of Panama City, Florida.
While the low currently has limited thunderstorm activity, some
development is still possible before it moves inland early Monday.
This system is expected to evolve into a larger low pressure system
and move northeastward, possibly emerging offshore of the Carolinas
later this week where environmental conditions are expected to be
more conducive for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A strong tropical wave, centered about 700 miles east of the
Windward Islands, is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Some slight development of this system is possible
on Monday before environmental conditions become hostile for
development on Tuesday. The wave is forecast to move through the
Lesser Antilles on Tuesday and could produce locally heavy rainfall
as well as gusty winds on some of those islands.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.