ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Mon Sep 9 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Gabrielle, located over the north-central Atlantic Ocean. The
National Hurricane Center has issued the last advisory on
Post-Tropical Cyclone Dorian, located offshore of Atlantic Canada.
1. A weak area of low pressure, associated with a tropical wave, is
producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms about midway
between the Cabo Verde Islands and the Windward Islands. Some slow
development of this system is possible during the next few days
before upper-level winds become unfavorable for tropical cyclone
formation. This system is expected to move generally westward
across the tropical Atlantic Ocean during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. Disorganized cloudiness and showers located a few hundred miles
north and northeast of the northern Leeward Islands are associated
with a surface trough interacting with an upper-level low. Strong
upper-level winds are expected to prevent the development of this
system during the next few days while it moves west-northwestward to
the north of the Leeward Islands and Puerto Rico. However,
environmental conditions could become a little more favorable for
development when the disturbance moves near the Bahamas and Florida
late this week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.