ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Sat Aug 19 2017
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Harvey, located over the eastern Caribbean Sea.
1. A trough of low pressure located about 400 miles east-northeast of
the northern Leeward Islands continues to produce disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to
be only marginally conducive for development during the next few
days while this system moves west-northwestward at about 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. A tropical wave located over the eastern Atlantic Ocean about
midway between the Lesser Antilles and Africa is producing some
shower and thunderstorm activity. Environmental conditions appear
somewhat conducive for gradual development over the next few days
while the system moves west-northwestward to northwestward at about
20 mph, but upper-level winds are forecast to become unfavorable by
the middle of next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.