(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT SUN SEP 7 2014
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A tropical wave is producing a large area of cloudiness and
disorganized thunderstorms over the far eastern Atlantic just off
the west coast of Africa. Environmental conditions are expected to
be conducive for gradual development of this disturbance during the
next several days while it moves westward or west-northwestward at
about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.
2. A weak area of low pressure located almost 800 miles west of the
Cape Verde Islands is producing limited shower activity.
Environmental conditions are not conducive for development, and
tropical cyclone formation is not expected while the system moves
westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph during the next
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.