ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
Issued by the NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD
500 AM PDT Wed Sep 21 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. South of Southwestern Mexico:
Showers and thunderstorms have increased in association with a broad
area of low pressure located just off the coast of southwestern
Mexico. Environmental conditions appear generally conducive for
additional development and a tropical depression is likely to form
over the next day or two. This system is expected to move
west-northwestward near or just south of southwestern Mexico over
the next day or so, and then away from the coast of Mexico through
the end of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. South of Central America and Southeastern Mexico:
Disorganized showers and thunderstorms continue off the coast of
southern Mexico and Central America in association with a trough of
low pressure. Development of this system, if any, should be slow to
occur while it meanders off the coast of southern Mexico through
the remainder of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.