ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Tue Sep 20 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center has issued its last advisory on
Post-Tropical Cyclone Madeline, located a couple hundred miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. 1. South of Southwestern Mexico:
Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with an area of low
pressure located just off the coast of southwestern Mexico has shown
signs of becoming better organized today. Environmental conditions
are expected to support some additional development of this system
as it moves west-northwestward near or just south of the
southwestern coast of Mexico today and tonight, and then away from
the coast of Mexico through the end of the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. 2. South of Central America and Southeastern Mexico:
A broad area of low pressure offshore of southern Mexico and
Guatemala is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Development of this system, if any, should be slow to occur while
it meanders off the coast of southern Mexico through the week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
Forecaster D. Zelinsky/Jelsema