ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Mon Aug 8 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Howard, located a few hundred miles southwest of the
southern tip of Baja California.
1. Well East-Southeast of the Hawaiian Islands:
A large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms is associated
with a broad trough of low pressure located more than 1000 miles
east-southeast of the Hawaiian Islands. Development of this system,
if any, will be slow to occur during the next couple of days. This
system is expected to move generally westward into the central
Pacific basin by the middle portion of this week, where
environmental conditions are forecast to become less conducive for
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. Offshore of Southwest Mexico:
An area of low pressure is forecast to form a few hundred miles
south of southwestern Mexico in a few days. Some development of
this system is possible later this week while it moves
west-northwestward, well offshore of the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.