ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Fri Aug 5 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Offshore of Southwestern Mexico:
Satellite imagery indicates that shower activity associated with a
broad low pressure area located offshore of the coasts of southern
and southwestern Mexico is getting better organized. If current
trends continue, a tropical depression is likely to form in the
next day or two. The system is forecast to move generally
west-northwestward at about 15 mph through early next week,
remaining well offshore of the coast of southwestern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Well Southeast of the Main Hawaiian Islands:
An area of low pressure could form over the far western portion of
the eastern Pacific basin this weekend. Environmental conditions
should allow for some gradual development of this system, and a
tropical depression could form during the early or middle part of
next week while it moves quickly westward over the central Pacific
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.