ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Fri Aug 5 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Offshore of Southern Mexico:
A broad low pressure area located offshore of the coast of southern
Mexico is producing a large area of disorganized shower activity.
Environmental conditions appear conducive for development of this
system, and a tropical depression is likely to form during the next
couple of days. The system is forecast to move generally
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over the weekend and into early
next week, remaining well offshore of the coast of southwestern
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Well Southeast of the Main Hawaiian Islands:
An area of low pressure is forecast to form over the far western
portion of the eastern Pacific basin by this weekend. Environmental
conditions could allow for some gradual development of this system,
and a tropical depression could form early next week while it moves
westward toward and into the central Pacific basin.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.