ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Tue Sep 14 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Nicholas, located over the upper Texas coastal plain near
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure area
located a few hundred miles south-southeast of the Cabo Verde
Islands continues to show signs of organization. Environmental
conditions are expected to remain conducive for development, and a
tropical depression is likely to form during the next couple of
days while system moves generally westward at about 15 mph across
the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A trough of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles
northeast of the southeastern Bahamas is producing a large area
of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual development
during the next few days, and a tropical depression could form
while the system moves north-northwestward to northward across the
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.