ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Larry, located over the eastern tropical Atlantic several hundred
miles west of the southernmost Cabo Verde Islands.
1. A small area of low pressure over northeastern Nicaragua is
producing disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity over
portions of the western Caribbean Sea. A portion of the low's
circulation could move over the Gulf of Honduras on Friday.
However, development there, if any, is expected to be slow to occur.
This system could then move over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico
during the weekend and early next week, but by then strong
upper-level winds would likely limit significant development.
Regardless of development, heavy rains are possible across portions
of Central America and the Yucatan Peninsula through the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
about 280 miles southeast of the southernmost Cabo Verde Islands
continue to show signs of organization. Some development of this
system could occur during the next 12-24 hours as the low moves
generally westward at 10-15 mph. After that time, conditions
are expected to become less conducive for development. Interests
in the Cabo Verde Islands should monitor the progress of this
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.