ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Tue Aug 31 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Kate, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing Public Advisories on
Tropical Depression Ida, located over northeastern Mississippi.
1. A well-defined low pressure system is located over the far eastern
tropical Atlantic more than 200 miles southwest of the coast of
Guinea. Associated shower and thunderstorm activity is beginning
to show some signs of organization, and environmental conditions
are conducive for additional development of this system. A tropical
depression is likely to form during the next day or so while the
low moves westward to west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high..90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure is forecast to develop over the
southwestern Caribbean Sea in a couple of days. Environmental
conditions appear to be somewhat conducive for slow development by
the end of the week, as long as the system remains over water. This
system is expected to move gradually west-northwestward or
northwestward at 5 to 10 mph toward Central America.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public advisories issued by the Weather Prediction Center on
Tropical Depression Ida can be found under AWIPS header TCPAT4, WMO
header WTNT34 KWNH, and on the web at http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov