ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Mon Aug 30 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center has issued its last advisory on
Tropical Depression Ida, located inland over Mississippi. Future
advisories on Ida will be issued by the Weather Prediction Center.
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Kate, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
1. An area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave is located
over the far eastern tropical Atlantic just off the west coast of
Africa. This system is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms, mostly on its south side. Environmental conditions
are conducive for development of this system, and a tropical
depression is likely to form within the next couple of days while it
moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure is expected to form in the southwestern
Caribbean Sea in a couple of days. Environmental conditions appear
to be conducive for some slow development by the end of the week, as
long as the system remains over water. This system is expected to
move gradually west-northwestward or northwestward at 5 to 10 mph
toward Central America.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public advisories issued by the Weather Prediction Center on
Tropical Depression Ida can be found under AWIPS header TCPAT4,
WMO header WTNT34 KWNH, and on the web at