ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Mon Aug 30 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ida, located inland over western Mississippi, and on recently
upgraded Tropical Storm Kate, located over the central tropical
1. Satellite-derived wind data and satellite imagery indicate that an
area of low pressure has formed over the far eastern Tropical
Atlantic in association with a tropical wave that recently moved off
the west coast of Africa. Environmental conditions are conducive
for development, and a tropical depression is likely to form within
the next couple of days while the system moves west-northwestward at
10 to 15 mph over the eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure is expected to form in the southern
Caribbean Sea by midweek. Environmental conditions appear to be
favorable for some slow development by the end of the week, as long
as the system remains over water. This system is expected to move
gradually west-northwestward or northwestward at 5 to 10 mph over
the western Caribbean Sea near the east coast of Central America.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.