ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Mon Aug 30 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Ida, located inland over southwestern Mississippi, and on
Tropical Depression Ten, located over the central tropical Atlantic.
1. A tropical wave near the west coast of Africa is expected to move
over the eastern Tropical Atlantic later today. Environmental
conditions appear conducive for the development of a low pressure
area once the wave moves offshore, and a tropical depression is
likely to form by the middle or latter part of the week while the
system moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over the eastern
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure is expected to form in the southern
Caribbean Sea over the next several days. Environmental conditions
appear to be favorable for some slow development by the end of the
week, as long as the system remains over water. This system is
expected to move gradually west-northwestward or northwestward at 5
to 10 mph over the western Caribbean Sea close to the east coast of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.