ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sun Aug 29 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Ida, located over the north-central Gulf of Mexico approaching the
coast of Louisiana, on Tropical Depression Ten, located over the
central tropical Atlantic, and on Tropical Depression Eleven,
located over the central subtropical Atlantic.
1. A broad area of low pressure located just east of the Delmarva
Peninsula is producing a few disorganized showers and thunderstorms
over the warm Gulf Stream waters. Environmental conditions appear
favorable for some slow development over the next few days as this
system drifts southeastward and then eastward, moving away from the
east coast of the United States.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of west Africa
by Tuesday. Environmental conditions appear conducive for
development once the wave moves offshore, and a tropical depression
is likely to form toward the end of the week while the system moves
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over the eastern tropical
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Eleven are issued under
WMO header WTNT31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Eleven are issued under
WMO header WTNT21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT1.