ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Thu Aug 5 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A tropical wave near the west coast of Africa is producing a large
area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. The wave is expected
to move off the coasts of Senegal, The Gambia, and Guinea-Bissau
later tonight. Environmental conditions appear somewhat conducive
for gradual development, and a tropical depression is likely to form
over the eastern tropical Atlantic south of the Cabo Verde Islands
by late Saturday or early Sunday while the system moves westward
to west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. A tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic continues
to produce a broad area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for
some slow development east of the Lesser Antilles by early next week
while the disturbance moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.