ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Thu Jun 24 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A strong tropical wave located over the far east Atlantic off the
African coast is producing a broad area of showers and
thunderstorms. As the system moves west-northwestward into the
central Atlantic Ocean, conditions appear only marginally conducive
for development due to relatively cool ocean temperatures. However,
a small tropical depression could still form by early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. Recent satellite-derived surface winds indicate that the small area
of low pressure located about 100 miles east-southeast of Barbados
has degenerated into a trough. In addition, shower and thunderstorm
activity has diminished with this system. Unfavorable upper-level
winds are expected to prevent development of this disturbance while
moving toward the west-northwest at about 10 mph. Even though
development is not expected, the disturbance could produce increased
shower activity and some gusty winds while moving across the Lesser
Antilles over the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.